Since my original blog about this bike I have had a few stress filled moments whilst working on it .
First one reared its head when I went to take the quill stem out , as it would only allow me to move it up or down about half an inch . When I finally got it all apart I found that the last inch of the quill stem had come adrift from the rest .
Next came the two plus hours trying to fit a set of guards , I could get the guards to sit ok but couldn’t get the stays to reach the mounting points so in the end I found some brackets that I fitted between the stays and the mounts .
The other issue my local bike shop sorted by re-dishing the rear wheel so it sat central in the frame.
Once all these were sorted it’s been plain sailing and I can honestly say it rides really smooth and all that’s left is to find the ideal tyre pressure .